About Me

Friday, May 29, 2009

Molly Malone Ain't Got Nothing On Me!


Friday:

For the first two weeks of my trip the time seemed to race by like it was nothing because of the intense situations and my stress level. It looks like my world is slowing and it takes a bit of a different affect on me. It really gives me time to think about things and everyone back at home. I have been in Dublin since Sunday and have so far really enjoyed it. I went and saw the Guiness Storehouse and that was pretty rad. I met a few travelers from Missouri and so I went with them to the top of the Gravity Bar and had some beer which was awesome. I got a chance to really see some of the city and the place really hops with a bunch of life which a cool thing to experience.

I haven't met anybody to really go out and travel with and thats ok with me. I have been doing a lot of reading. So far I read a travel book that Karen gave me by Rick Steves, I finished The Da Vinci Code in a few days, and now I'm on to The Lord of the Flies with The Sun Also Rises in my back pocket. Its been an interesting experience to go back to your bed and look forward to a book to really keep you company. Its something that I have never had to go through and I think it has really helped me in a lot of ways.

I leave for Cork on Wednesday and I will be there for ten days. It is a bit of a long time to stay in one place as I am experiencing in Dublin but with the deals that I have gotten I can't really pass them up. So I will hopefully do some hiking and a bit more reading. I miss everyone so much and I can't wait to come home and go to the beach and have a real hamburger. There hasn't been too much adventure for me, except for the fact that I have been pooped on by a bird. Yes this is true. And yes it was not very pleasant, as you can imagine. But hey, at least I can come home with that crazy story of how I got pooped on by a seagul in Dublin. Yea you're right, thats not a very good story.

Either way, I am alive and I am well. The world has been treating me right (despite the birds) and I have been doing my best to repay the favor. (And Mike Leach I appreciate the quotes. Don't think they have gone unnoticed. Love you Bud.)

3 comments:

  1. Mikie ! It is said that if a bird poops on you it means good luck—I guess for later, not exactly when it happens. Kiss the Blarney stone for me, Have fun ! OOXX milly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quote #3:
    “Half the fun of the travel is the aesthetic of lostness.” - Ray Bradbury

    I don't really know what that one means but I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael! Ok so I stumbled upon your blog via facebook and i'm sitting in my room in leavey 6 after a staff meeting (summer RA), before i go to work (student accounts) and my roommate is next to me. i seriously keep busting up laughing and she's like what the hell are you doing?! i am so stoked for you and this trip you're taking! and i am beyond jealous that you're in ireland-- how long are you staying there? and where else are you going? i have family up the butt there so i'm really jealous you're visiting.
    also, being the irish girl that i am i'm a big believer in signs, luck, etc. the whole bird pooping on you IN IRELAND is super lucky. it's basically a blessing.
    love the updates, can't wait for more crazy stories! i'm so proud of you and the fact you were able to go on this trip-- it's amazing.

    ReplyDelete