About Me

Monday, June 8, 2009

Put a Cork in It!

Monday:

Right now I am in Cork and will be until Friday or Saturday. Cork is a really nice little town that is on the south part of the island. I am really just kind of hangin out around here because its not as busy as Dublin and that is a good thing and a bad thing in many ways. I'm really just relaxing which is nice. I found a hostel that is very cozy and feels like a home so I don't feel uncomfortable there at all. I met some people here that were just passing through, so I did some things with them. I saw the Blarney Castle (and yes I kissed that sonuvabitch) and I went to a small coastal town by the name of Cobh. Its been pretty relaxed. I make my own dinner in the self serve kitchen and I get to watch my share of TV.

The weather has been mediocre at best which is fine considering the stretch of two weeks where it was nothing but sunshine before this. So it will rain every once in a while which kind of limits the opportunities to go out, which is fine with me. I plan on going to Galway next week for a few days and then head back to Dublin where I fly out of. I am really getting excited to come home and can't wait to see everyone.

I know I have two weeks left but it really feels like everything is coming to an end. I feel like the 21 is right around the corner. I hear that I'm not missing much back at home but one thing I am missing is the opportunity to work out. Obviously I can't go to the gym or anything and I can't afford to go for a run and get my clothes all sweaty. So I have been subjected to doing situps and pushups in the bathroom in secrecy at night. But other than that thats pretty much it. There hasn't been much action lately and thats ok. I'm happy and healthy and safe. Its all good. And yes I have been watching the Lakers, even though I have to stay up till 2 AM to watch them. Booya. I hope all is well. Love.

3 comments:

  1. glad you're finding some relaxation time. enjoy the next few weeks, as they'll surely fly by - but i suppose that's good for all of us stateside because then we'll get to see you. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. alright i'm bored of sending out all of these deep, profound quotes about life and travel *YAWN*. here's some good ol' George Carlin.

    Quote #(i forget what number):
    “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

    And here's a hippie liberal one in your honor (not to mention piss off margiotta):
    "Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity."

    See you in LA in a couple weeks.
    Your friend,
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey at least your doing the sittups and pushups. i've got no excuse and i still sit on my ass all day. can't wait to see you brother.

    ReplyDelete