About Me

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I'll Have the Irish Car Bomb

Tuesday:

I am currently in Galway with less than a week left on my adventure and it really has been nothing less of unforgetable. Today I took a tour through the western part of Ireland where I got the opportunity to see the Cliffs of Mohr. When I came over the ridge and saw the cliffs, I was at a loss for words (which is very rare for me). I walked the cliffs for nearly an hour and continued the tour through the hills to see castles and tombs. The lush green of Ireland really is really something in itself. But a word of advice, try not to do a 7.5 hour tour while you're hungover. Probably not the best idea, but it does make an interesting conversation starter.

Last night I met some people from the University of Missouri. You know its funny, I came to Ireland to get some real Irish tradition and meet the real Irish people, and the only people I can manage to meet are American. But either way, they were so rad. There were a group of them who have been studying in Dairy, Ireland and came to Galway for a weekend trip. There were about 6 girls and 4 guys and we hit the pubs pretty damn hard which was great. If you're a whiskey fan, the Jameson Whiskey runs pretty well around here.

So now, I have one day left here and then on Thursday morning I head back to Dublin for a few days to meet up with some Australians I met from before. Then on Saturday I am going to have lunch and then head to the airport where I will be staying the night in because my flight leaves so early in the morning, and the busses don't run super early. So the week is pretty much booked for me and I'm doing well. I hope all is well at home and I can't wait to see everyone. I'll probably post one more time before my return.

No comments:

Post a Comment