About Me

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Democracy and Blogging

In the grand scheme of things, democratic thought is one of the most revolutionary ideas in modern history. The first amendment alone bares the weight of a country and suggests that no one is perfect (except for that one guy with the sandals and the beard); everyone subject to another's opinion. American government, democratic to the very bone, so arrogantly reinforces the "gift" that we have been so graciously been given to us by our trustworthy patriotic fathers, called freedom of speech. But let's make no mistake, no man gives me the freedom to speak my mind. It is solely some higher power that provides me with a soul that has given me the privelidge to speak my mind. I think about the world of blogging and how democratic society simply does not kill us or throw us in jail when we say what we think.I For that, I'd like to say thanks a bunch.

But blogging in a democratic world is not only our right but it is our civil duty to push the boundaries of others and challenge the world. At least that's what my momma told me. We already have the freedom to say whatever we want when we want and only god can take that away from me. And at the same time don't let your government tell you that they are giving you something you already own. Cause that's a fucked sense of privilege.

3 comments:

  1. I like the idea that democracy is just one part of the whole that gives us the right to blog.

    I also approve of always using the F-word in the last sentence of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never realized that the government really doesn't have that much power over us, but they do have enough power that their words mean something (like making us think that what we rightfully have isn't ours anymore). My struggle this week was trying to figure out what a true democracy is, because if the people who are supposed to help influence the power of this country are being silenced and restricted then what kind of government is in existence anyway? But what you said, more like how you said it, speaks volumes. You've got good points and I agree with the approval of the F-word. Freedom of speech, right?

    PS. Your About Me.. a Beatles reference?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mikey Q, enjoyed reading your opinions. I like when people actually think through things in life and talk about them. It's a bummer more people we know don't. -Alfassa

    ReplyDelete