About Me

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Writer's Blog

Tuesday:

With an exception to the words I pieced together while I was away, I realized that I have a blog and I have yet to become an actual blogger. Fuck that. Bloggers to me have an interest in designing words together to have someone read it so that they might look a bit more intelligent than they see themselves. Blogging is an attempt to reach a level of importance or a specific status, if you will. What I try and see myself as is an aspiring writer. The distinction of a writer compared to a blogger is that a writer in my eyes puts words together that would have been arranged the same way in his/her head. When you sit down and read, the voice in your head that reads aloud to your mind is not in your own voice, but in theirs. You can see their lips move and their teeth make a last attempt to kept a bit of saliva behind the hole in the face that we have deemed to be our communication link; the mouth. So in a sense a blogger blogs to have certain individuals read what is written, and a writer writes for no one but themselves. They are just writing words that were going to be written down at some time or another. Whether it be today, tomorrow, or the last manuscript I can seem to muster. 

But like I said, I am no writer. I am an aspiring writer. People put too much weight in the idea of being a writer. If I am a writer than everyone in the goddamn neighborhood is a writer including the mailman. As long as you keep putting words in your head to a page, then you must be a writer because thus the definition of a writer is "one who writes" I am pretty sure. So it doesn't really matter what you write down, but the fact that you write seems enough justification to call you a writer. It just all kind of depends. Because no one really goes around giving out that title, so I strive for that kind of notification. I am an aspiring writer because I have yet to have someone blatantly give me such a name. So I aspire to write with the conviction of what I have left in my tank and maybe someday it will touch someone enough for them to give out such a nomination. I look forward to the day when my words are worth more than the keyboard that were pressed in such a complex pattern. I'll see you then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment